Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Study Spaces: Chancellor Green Rotunda

The semester has started to draw to a close. While most of us will be studying more than ever in the next couple of weeks, I'm still feeling the sense of denouement that comes with the end of classes.

Because of this, I decided to return this week to the place that I referenced in my first post, the lovely East Pyne. More specifically, I'm in the Chancellor Green Rotunda. I often refer to this space as the Beauty and the Beast library - is it not one of the most beautiful spots on campus?

It's also quite accommodating. Upstairs, there are no less than 28 carrels, and downstairs, there are plenty of cosy armchairs (although I imagine you know this already). On sunny days, it's particularly well lit, and if you're looking for a private - yet open - space, I don't think you can do much better. Here, you might not even realize that you happen to be studying right next a good friend - which certainly makes for a surprise when one of you pops up from behind a carrel wall!

Interestingly enough, in my endeavor to study in as many places as possible, this is my first time here this semester. Being back reminds me that there's something to be said about routine and tradition. While I will definitely continue to explore new, unseen study spaces, I mustn't forget to return to the ones I love!

Chancellor Green Rotunda Hours:

Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-10:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday, Closed

- Meghan Todt '11

No comments: